Monday, August 1, 2016

Clinique Sculptionary Cheek Contouring Palette

Clinique's new online-exclusive Clinique Sculptionary Cheek Contouring Palette ($33) comes in six color coordinated shades. I had a hard time narrowing my choice, but I am happy with it. I selected Defining Roses.

Each is a versatile cheek sculpting compact with natural-looking shades that blend and build beautifully. Use each separately to color, contour, or highlight. Or swirl them together for a quick easy glow. Use the mid-toned shade as a blush, the deep-toned shade to contour, and the lightest shade to highlight. For a quick, easy glow swirl brush over entire palette and dust over apples of cheeks. The powder color is long-wearing and oil-free.

I took my own photos in full, mid-day sun. You can see some sparkle in the shades above, but that sparkle doesn't translate on the face into a glitter bomb.

I swatched all shades using a sponge-tipped applicator. The stripe swatch at the top of my arm is a blend of all shades combined. It gleams! I love the color. Under that swatch, I applied the lightest color (almost undetectable on my arm, but look for a very light pink), the "top" shade next down, and the lower right shade at the bottom of my arm. I really like all of the colors and will use them alone and blended.

You can order this beauty or one of the other colorways at Clinique's Web site. I'm thinking of purchasing a second one.

I have had trouble getting my blogging routine back in gear. The guy who copied my files onto this new computer did not copy Snag-It, a program I use all the time. I tried out the Windows 10 feature for photos, and it put a black border around Clinique's photo at the top of this feature. I hated that, so I fooled around with Paint and got what I wanted. I must get this and other problems resolved.

P.S. I had ordered Defining Nectars from Clinique. They sent Defining Roses. I'm happy with their mistake.

Photo at top courtesy of Clinique; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Eileen said...

That mistake Clinique made in sending the wrong color was definitely a fortuitous one because Defining Roses is a lovely muted set of rose tones that suits your skintone perfectly. (Although the nectar set would be lovely, too :-) ) Because the shades are muted, they look like they'd be good for late fall/early winter. Very pretty, Charlestongirl.

hytrud said...

Looks to be very soft on my fair skin. I am still waiting for that OH SO SPECIAL Le Metier Glossy Mascara you spoke of a while back. Do you know if it's available yet? If you know that is?

LilJeJa said...

I have defining nudes and i purchased mine at ulta (they are not exclusive to online clinique website). Pretty disappointing product. looks nice in the pan but it is so dry, not soft and silky, a lot of powder kicks up, doesn't melt into the skin , hard to blend... looks like a dirt applied. Sadly.

Charlestongirl said...

LilJeJa, thanks for the source. I don't shop at Ulta, so never would have known.

I'm thinking you got a bad color for you. Mine are beautiful. Are you wearing the right moisturizer?

Charlestongirl said...

Trud, it's out! Very nice. I don't have it, which is one reason I didn't feature it.

I wouldn't call it glossy. It separates the lashes nicely. It covers easily, giving the lashes a longer look. It's also expensive. If I recall, something like $42!

hytrud said...

Is this the Mascara that is sold at Neiman Marcus for $42.00 in CHAT NOIR? It is a BLACK color as stated at the Neiman Marcus website.

'Discover iconic-looking lashes with Precision Lash Extreme Mascara. This smudge-proof formula is designed for long-lasting, intense all-day wear. Our anti-clump brush separates, conditions and defines lashes to create a full wide-eyed look'

I thought you once stated that Le Metier hailed it as the ultimate Glossy Mascara of Mascara's. I'm going to splurge on it..why not? I am looking for the ultimate Mascara and will get back to you all to comment on its properties, good and/or bad.

Charlestongirl said...

Trud, yes. But don't order online. Call Michael or Andy to order it. I'll explain Friday, but good NM employees need our help. They are are 202-966-9700. Ask for the counter.

hytrud said...

Yes, I have given a order to Michael & Andy already & have their cell phone numbers. I NEVER order online thru the NM website. I even called the Channel Make Up Artist, Debbie O'Malley for a Channel order and she was able to tack on some other items I wanted even though they were not Channel. They also ship my order with some very nice samples. I also told Michael, Andy and Debbie that I got their names from YOU! Make Up sales personnel are truly hurting with the advent of Online purchasing. I live in North Carolina and they do NOT have a NM or a Nordstrom here which I miss so much. I only have a so-so Dillards or Belk here in Wilmington, NC. However, living here on the Coast is really special too. I had to trade off a few amenities when moving to Wilmington. Nothing compares to shopping at NM or Nordstrom, nothing! I used to get up really early to be the first person in line at Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in La Jolla and then track over to the San Diego Store when I was done in La Jolla, CA. store. I was especially privy to the Nordstrom in LaJolla who had some very special Designer 'sample' Handbags not on the market, as in never. That is what I miss the most. I knew the Manager very well in the handbag department and she would give me a PEEK preview of the Handbag samples the night before. I still have some of the Designer handbags with the tags still on for that matter, lol...

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Trud. Debbie is the Tom Ford rep, but like all of them, she can sell anything in the store. Even handbags. :)

Eileen said...

Hi Trud; hi Charlestongirl,

It's so very important to support our SAs and MAs who go above and beyond the call of duty by providing excellent service. Jobs are being eliminated as the shift towards online purchasing continues.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, NM just cut the salaries of everyone in beauty. I'm going to feature Friday.

Eileen said...

Hi Charletongirl,

If that's the topic for the FF, I'm sure there will be some lively discussion.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, it is, and it's going to be a doozy. NM just screwed everyone in beauty, their best and their worst.

hytrud said...

Charleston; I ordered both Tom Ford & Chanel products from Debbie O'Malley, I made an innocent mistake. Debbie sent me my package overnight which I appreciated. Debbie included a few full-sized samples which was the greatest surprise! No matter what I order in Beauty from now on, I will call Debbie, except Le Métier. And, now that you told me she can also assist in Handbags that’s a plus. I will always call Andy or Michael for Le Métier products. Those guys made me feel super comfortable ordering on the phone for that matter. I feel good knowing I helped secure their positions at NM & the companies they represent. We have no NM or Nordstrom here to try on colors and must rely on my computer screen for color. YUCK. I would never order a foundation from a computer screen, as it would make me feel guilty sending something back to them that is completely wrong for me, unless of course, they would verbally assure me it's perfectly OK to send it back, given the high price of cosmetics today. I have been tossing around a long Fall drive around both stores, Nordstrom & Neiman Marcus. Both stores are a few hundred miles away. We could stop for a early dinner, and come home with a list of chosen Cosmetics while enjoying beautiful scenery. Fall leaves are so very beautiful & will wait until TF, Channel and others to debut new items before I make that relaxing, fruitful drive. Happy trails everyone!

Resham said...

Beautiful color!!