Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Join Me in Paradise (Eau de Parfum) Courtesy of NEST Fragrances

The moment NEST Fragrances' Paradise Eau de Parfum ($65) was launched, I purchased a bottle. Then, NEST sent me a rollerball ($25). I was already in Paradise from this divine fragrance, but having a convenient way to take it along with me made me a very happy - and fabulously scented - gal. You wouldn't believe the compliments.

Paradise perfectly captures a luscious burst of fresh, Mediterranean blood orange. The vibrant character of the fragrance is balanced with watery nuances, a hint of white ginger, and a lingering base of cedarwood. Inspired by the works of Eighteenth Century British artist Mrs. Mary Delany, Laura Slatkin collaborated with master perfumers to translate these works of art into luxurious fragrances that capture the essence of each of the botanicals that adorn the products' striking packaging.

Spray on Paradise, and you will think you were peeling a juicy orange. I'm a huge fan of seriously juicy citrus fragrances (think Orange Sanguine, although Paradise is much more sophisticated and nuanced). It is so satisfying. If you concentrate - hard to do when you are reveling in citrus - you will detect the other notes, particularly at dry-down, when the aquatic notes come into their own.

NEST calls Paradise vibrant, sparkling, and luminous. Check. I'd add addictive. How can you keep your nose away when you apply some to your arm? I can't.

I've written several times this summer about fragrances that transport me. I'll bet some of you have noticed my infatuation. Perhaps I need to be transported to the tropics. For now, NEST Paradise is a perfect substitute for the travel.

Did I tell you the bottle is beautiful? You can find it at NEST and Sephora.

Photos courtesy of NEST Fragrances and eWeb4.com

4 comments:

Nemo said...

I love NEST fragrances, thanks to you! I will jump for this scent now. I love orangey fragrances, especially delicate ones like Jo Malone Orange Blossom. They all remind me of a wedding!

LilyBiscuit said...

I really have to try this one :) It sounds wonderful!

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I have deleted our conversation about current events. I really am sorry, but I felt it would detract from this beautiful fragrance. I will take a new photo of Charlie over the weekend.

Stay well!

Evelyn said...

I'm a little hesitant about the citrus scent but I never know until I sniff if I would actually like it. The NEST bottles are so beautiful, I like them just as art. :)