Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chanel Ombres Tracées Quadra Eye Shadow Jardin Zen from the Jardin de Camélias Collection

This exclusive creation, Chanel Ombres Tracées Quadra Eye Shadow Jardin Zen from the Jardin de Camélias Collection ($65) is a limited-edition eye shadow palette, features a quartet of four refined shades. Soft pink and violet-plum gray meet golden beige and luminous black for a sculpted eye. On its surface, each eye shadow is artfully embossed with Chanel’s favorite camellia.

Despite the vivid look of the shades in Chanel's photo at the top of this feature, the palette is actually quite wearable. With the exception of the smudgy black for lining the eyes, the shades are sheer and pastel. With my first swatch of the violet grey shade, I was smitten. While it might look artsy in the palette, Jardin Zen was designed for women who work.

I took my photos under brilliant sunshine, which, unfortunately, washed out the golden shade at the top right in the quad. The colors in Chanel's photo are true. I swatched all four shades in clockwise order, using a sponge-tipped applicator, and moving down my arm from the violet grey at top left to the pink at the bottom (near my Band-Aid).

With the exception of the black, these shades are very sheer. I swatched them heavily to get enough color for decent photos. I love the violet grey shade. Normally, violet tones are not my friend. This one is diaphanous and beautiful on my lids. It took some work to make the gold show up on my arm. I went over and over the swatch, hoping the subtle gold would show in the sun. Even the black isn't as inky as it could be - it's more of a charcoal when applied normally. Look at my boo boo on the right side of the swatch, and you'll see4 a grey color that would be beautiful for day wear. The pink is a pure pink that gleams in the light.

The good news is that you can still order Jardin Zen online. The Jardin de Camélias Collection is currently an online exclusive, which is why Sakura (the blush) sold out in a heartbeat. I think the appearance of this eye shadow quad makes it look a bit outré to some. That's good for everyone who wants a soft introduction to spring.

Jardin Zen is available at Chanel online, along with the rest of the Jardin de Camélias Collection. I've got more to show you, so stay tuned.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Elena said...

that's a really nice palette! love the design and the shadows are really nice and wearable

Chateepatee said...

Love it! I put the new Illusion D' Ombré underneath it like another blogger suggested and it's FAB! Love the lippies too- never bother with the glosses tho so I can't say. I'm am happy camper with this collection.