Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Clinique Pink with a Purpose for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation

You can show your support for breast cancer research with an exclusive shade of Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Pink Ribbon Honey ($15). The lipstick comes with a limited-edition pink-ribbon makeup bag. Three dollars from every purchase will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

I try to be supportive of philanthropy when combined with beauty products, so I ordered this product (from Sephora, I think), based on the photo above that shows the swatch of the Pink Ribbon Honey Lipstick as being a bright, relatively pigmented, lip color. It's not. Despite the fact that I love Almost Lipstick, I was disappointed to discover that this lip color is extremely light and a transparent pink.  While perfect for a teenager, it's not my ideal for a lipstick. Most of you know I love sheer lipsticks, but I do prefer a little pigmentation.

The little makeup bag is cute, but I didn't need another makeup bag. The Almost Lipstick held promise when I unwrapped it. The color in the tube is delicious. It's just a little too light to delight me.

I took swatch photos in full sun. I tried to apply the color heavily to make it appear to be colorful. The photos that follow are the best I could do.

It's pretty, but it has no pizazz. If I had a teenaged daughter, I would give it to her in a heartbeat. It is a sweet color.

I will wear Pink Ribbon Honey. I may keep it in my desk drawer at work when I need a quick moisture fix. However, had I seen it before I purchased it, I might have skipped it. I do feel good that $3 of my purchase went to breast cancer research, and the product was extremely inexpensive.

You can find the limited-edition Pink with a Purpose Almost Lipstick kit at Clinique retailers everywhere.

Photo at top courtesy of Lord & Taylor; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Clinique Pink Lipstick and yesterday for the Shimmer Brick, just gorgeous, had to order that one. Cannot wait to see it.

Moonchime said...

Thank you so much for the heads up on this Clinique lipstick. I'll pass on this one. I haven't had a lot of luck with Clinique's lipsticks.