Monday, July 9, 2012

YSL Pure Chromatics 4 Ombres à Paupières Wet & Dry Eye Shadows in Harmony #10 for Autumn/Winter 2012/1013

YSL's Beauté's Autumn/Winter colors have arrived. From my perspective, several items are standouts, starting with Pure Chromatics 4 Ombres à Paupières Wet & Dry Eye Shadows in Harmony #10 ($52). Greens always grab me, and my eye went straight to these four colors - two sophisticated greens with silver and golden accents.

YSL's Autumn/Winter Look 2012/2013 showcases a desire to get back to basics, a desire for a "luminous matteness" (which seems contradictory) that is both natural and sophisticated, with effects that can be tailored to a personalized look. "Khaki, black, and gold are the classics of the contemporary Rive Gauche woman who has a daring approach to color and a free spirit combined with true Parisian chic." Or just a gal anywhere who loves makeup.

The sun was hopping bright yesterday when I took my photos. It was also 100 degrees outdoors - perhaps hotter in the sun - so I didn't linger. I hope you will see the true gorgeousness of the shades in my swatches. I applied all four shades fairly heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator. I swatched clockwise, starting with the top left shade.

Three of these shades apply evenly and with ease. The silver (second down on my arm) is sheer, sparkling, and difficult. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's sparkling shades that are intended to top another shadow, not be used on their own. I'm sure you can see in my photos that it appears uneven. I applied the shade very heavily, and this was the best I could do.

The other three applied with ease. The gorgeous khaki green-brown at the top of my arm has a gorgeous gleam. I'd purchase it as a single in a heartbeat. It's not too green, so green phobes will love it right along with us green lovers. The third shade down is a slightly shimmering grey-green when applied, even though it has an emerald look in the palette. The antique gold on the bottom left in the palette complements the other shades perfectly with its hint of green.

I love this palette! I also came home with Dare to Glow in two shades. Wait 'till you see these stunning highlighters! I hope to get photos late today.

YSL's Autumn/Winter Collection 2012/2013 has arrived at Neiman Marcus, even though it was scheduled for an August arrival. Check your favorite counter. If it's not there, it should be soon. I did check YSL's Web site, but it still features summer. I'm sure that will change soon.

Photo at top courtesy of YSL Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Christina said...

The combination of these shades of colours are beautiful!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christina,

They are nicely edited, I think.

memoiselle said...

Wow this quad is superb! I love greyish color and this quad is best when applied wet :)

Unknown said...

Good heavens that's pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Memoiselle!

Yes, they are vivid when applied with a damp brush - a little too vivid for my pale face.

Charlestongirl said...

It is, PP - would look great on you!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oh gosh, so pretty! Now I'm torn between this palette and the new Dior one for Fall. Decisions decisions...

Mary Ann said...

I will add this to my list for fall,
beautiful colors. Reminds me of a Tom Ford Quad that I have admired.

Tatiana said...

Must find an YSL counter to try this in person.

Nida Moughal said...

OMG! The colors are so amazing I need to get it =) Thanks for the share

Charlestongirl said...

Well, Becca, that leaves you with only one choice...buy both!

Charlestongirl said...

Mary Ann,

This one does evoke Tom Ford. Interesting comparison!

Charlestongirl said...

Definitely, Tatiana! Try it. I think you'll love it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nida,

Enjoy!