Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shu Uemura Art of Hair Muroto Volume Shampoo and Conditioner for Fine Hair

Have fine hair? Shu Uemura Art of Hair has created a wonderful Muroto Volume line for you - and me. Shu Uemura's Muroto Volume Amplifying Shampoo ($48) and Conditioner ($58) worked magic on my hair. These products are said to purify and tone the hair fiber, providing lightweight conditioning and shine, leaving full hair from root to tips. After using both products for a week, I agree.

Volumimizing hair products usually work in two ways, both of them bad from my perspective. Either they coat fine hair, which makes my hair limp and lifeless, or they strip the hair, adding volume at the expense of natural moisture. Somehow, these products work without either of those undesirable effects. They leave my fine hair with volume and moisture, but easy to comb out and without any coating that I can detect.

The shampoo and conditioner contain Shu Uemura's "depsea water," which is described as unpolluted and free of bacteria (I would hope!) drawn from 200 meters below the surface of the seas of Japan. Matured over hundreds of years, the water is a rich source of minerals and nutrients that provide hydration. I sincerely hope the waters around Japan haven't been polluted by radiation that would kill sea life.

There is a fragrance to these products, and it's luscious. Green florals are enveloped in lily of the valley. The scent is light and heavenly. It makes the whole hair-care process a treat.

I was curious about Shu Uemura's packaging choices. The shampoo comes in a container that pours. The conditioner comes in a wonderful pump container. I got confused the first time I used the set and started by trying to wash my hair with the conditioner. I figured it out pretty quickly, but I'll admit to being caught off-guard. I'd be more pleased if both containers had pumps.

I've found Muroto Volume leaves my hair shiny and with plenty of volume, and I can comb through my hair easily after use. My hair tangles in a heartbeat, so I'm pleased when the comb-out is fast and painless. My hair has styled nicely, meaning it isn't weighted down at all - and the style hold. I'm totally happy.

These are glorious and luxurious. pricey products. Mine were provided by Shu Uemura. The test will be whether I purchase them when I run out. Right now, I think the answer is yes. I'll watch for specials at the Shu Uemura Art of Hair Web site.

Photos courtesy of Shu Uemura

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

ok you got my attention with lily of the valley! lol These sound really good for my fine hair and with that mix of scents sound perfect.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

It's very nice - and yes, I marvel at how good it smells.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tomatefarcie,

Yep, the marketing is strange on this one. Fortunately, the products speak for themselves. :)

noanoa said...

Although I love Shu Uemura...
"200 meters below the surface of the seas of Japan" - thank you for this information. I was in between this conditioner and another one. Regarding the horrible Fukushima disaster, I am now certain to skip this one.