Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Givenchy Le Prisme Blush Bucolique in Bucolic Rose from the Instant Bucolique 2012 Spring-Summer Collection

The time is right to revive the senses with springtime shades inspired by fields of lush blooms. The shades are subtle, and the look is fresh, ethereal, and beautiful. It's time to spring into summer!

Every year, we shake off the winter chill and eagerly look for the first sign that the sun is on its way. Like magic, the pinks, mauves, peaches, and lavenders begin to dot the landscape. The colors bloom with the sun’s first rays, then disappear as quickly as a whim. The red-orange poppy dances in the breeze, sunny, golden rapeseed captures the sun’s glow, and wild hyacinth cools the soul with bursts of blush traces.

The fragility of spring is at the heart of the inspiration behind Givenchy's Instant Bucolique Collection for Spring-Summer 2012. Speckled pastel powders for eyes, face, and cheeks leave the skin refreshed and pretty, while eyes get a touch of tender green, pink, soft brown, and mauve - trend colors for the season. The lips get a dose of full-bloom color with poppy red.

Intrigued by Instant Bucolique's inspiration floral inspiration, I ordered several pieces. Today, I start showing them to you with Bucolic Rose.

Givenchy's new, limited-edition Le Prisme Blush Bucolique in Bucolic Rose ($49) is so visually appealing, I ordered it the moment I saw it online at Sephora. I've got quite a collection of Le Prisme powders, going back about 25 years. I used to purchase them at Saks Fifth Avenue, and I "hit pan" on several. They used to be my stand-bys.

In the past, the blushes had color blocks in the quadrants. With these new Le Prisme products, Givenchy is mixing colors in the quadrants, giving the compacts a unique look. No matter how the colors are arranged in the pan, these blushes that add a naturally fresh and pretty flush to the cheeks.

The new Le Prisme Blush Bucoliques were inspired by the playful color of poppies. There are two shades: Bucolic Rose, featured here, and Bucolic Poppy, which I'll feature soon. These blushes are produced through a new compaction process that allows a gradation in color harmony reinforced by a higher concentration of sparkling nuggets in the bottom of the pan. Honestly, I'm not sure I understand the sparkling nuggets described at Sephora, but the blushes are so nice, I'm not sure I care.

I swatched Bucolic Rose with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm, taking care to pick up all of the colors in the compact. For the lower swatch, I used a dense blush brush and swiped the colors in a circular fashion, in the pan and on my arm. My photos were taken in full sun.

Bucolic Rose is pastel pink when all the shades in the compact are blended. I was a little surprised, but totally delighted by the shimmer light pink blush. I had expected a more neutral shade from the appearance in the compact. The pink is bright. Anyone who can wear this light pink color will find Bucolic Rose a perfect spring and summer shade. The other shade new shade, Bucolic Poppy is a darker rose that those with darker skin may prefer.

The top level of the compact features the blush, and the pull-out bottom level houses a brush. Givenchy Le Prisme compacts aren't bargain priced, given their size. If you can get past that, I think you'll love them.

Sephora is the exclusive retailer for Givenchy these days. That's where I bought my Bucolic Rose Le Prisme Blush Bucolique.

11 comments:

lovethescents said...

Oh that is soooooo prettttttty!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

Yes, soooo pretty! :) I love it.

Elysse said...

It's absolutely adorable!!!

Eileen said...

Isn't that just the prettiest blush ever? Such a lovely spring time pink. Now, if only Givanchy had chosen a different name for this collection. Every time I encounter the word "bucolic" I instantly think of cows! LOL

Evelyn said...

How did you know I was thinking of buying this?! lol My Sephora trigger finger is getting very itchy right now looking at the beautiful color.

Rola said...

I have always admired Givenchy makeup at Sephora, but haven't made the plunge. This is so pretty!

yesplease1816 said...

Ohmygosh sooo gorgeous!!! I didn't expect it to be so...sheen-y (to call it shimmery seems so wrong since it's so fine and beautiful!), so I hope it doesn't make my combination-oily skin (with large pores) look too oily, but it's so beautiful that I am definitely going to order it now. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Odyssey and Eileen!

Isn't it the most beautiful pink? Forget the horses and cows, this one's a city slicker. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn,

I'm not surprised, you have great taste!

Charlestongirl said...

Try something, Rola! I'll bet you get hooked.

Charlestongirl said...

It does leave a gorgeous sheen when applied heavily, Yes Please! I can't tell you how it will look on oily skin. Mine is so DRY!