Friday, February 17, 2012

Coming Attraction: Le Métier de Beauté Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope

Le Métier de Beauté has an amazingly talented team. I feel privileged that several members of the team are based in Washington, D.C. Michael Reinhardt, Le Métier de Beauté manager, artist, and all-around ambassador, works at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. Michael is an industry veteran - one who "knows his stuff" and is an extraordinarily talented makeup artist.

Michael designed the Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope shown here. I had an opportunity to snap some photos of the prototype. What's shown here is not the final product, but it's close enough that Michael allowed me to share my photos with you.

The colors are luscious. Michael always strives to ensure that DC-area women can wear his creations. We're a conservative bunch. Here's my simplistic description of the shades. The top-level shade is a peach-leaning nude. The green is a shade I don't have - like a mint green, but slightly darker. Michael has promised that the pink is sheer and will work nicely on me; it won't make me look like an albino bunny. The brown is a deletable milk chocolate brown (my description) with a twist.

The Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope will be part of the Cherry Blossom Collection, which I believe will be exclusive to Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. There will also be a cherry blossom pink lip gloss to covet. The collection is expected as early as March 15, but may arrive a bit later than that - timed to coincide with the Cherry Blossom Festival. DC's cherry blossom bloom date is seldom exactly predictable.

The best way to ensure you're on the list to purchase these beautiful exclusives is to go to the source. Call Michael Reinhardt at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258. Make sure to ask for Michael because anyone in beauty might answer that extension. He's the best one to help you. Tell him I sent you (not that it matters - he treats everyone well).

When I get my hands on the Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope, I'll show you swatch photos. Until then, we can dream.

Update 2/18: The Cherry Blossom Collection will also have a brown liquid eyeliner. Think my favorite Artemis in brown! Was saving the news for next week, but anyone who called Michael knows. Exclusive to Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, no, not another counter exclusive. are we about to see another wave of counter exclusives? gosh, i hope not.

lov2read68 said...

That is an unusual but gorgeous collection of colors! Truly evocative of Spring & cherry blossoms though.

Anonymous said...

AWWW, this looks so gorgeous!!!

Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

yummy! can't wait to see swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I think you are. The good news is that Michael will take great care of you if it interests you. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Love2read68!

It is unusual, which I like! Even though I'm a taupe temptress, I love spring's pastels - when they're wearable. These are wearable.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tracy and Blushing Noir!

Totally gorgeous, yummy, and cheerful!

Evelyn said...

These definitely look more wearable than the Dior palettes this season. I love the theme of cherry blossoms too.

Eileen said...

Now this one actually lives up to its name. The Northern Lights was such a misnomer for the other new Kaliedoscope. With Cherry Blossom; however, I can actually imagine the blossoms on the tree with just a hint of green leaf to herald spring. Very pretty.

Nemo said...

Love!

Charlestongirl said...

Call Michael, Nemo. It's sure to sell out.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

It has me in the mood for DC's glorious two weeks of pink and green.

Charlestongirl said...

Absolutely, Evelyn. Dior's shades were gorgeous in the palette, but unwearable for many of us. Michael is too smart to create a palette we can't wear. :)

nikki said...

Yay! I am going to get the eye and lip! Thanks so much for the info! Looks gorgeous!

Nemo said...

OK, big Q: Which do you like the better: the Cherry Blossom kit or the Northern Lights??????

Yin said...

I have to get my hands on one of these..... i always miss them! I should go to NM and pay Michael a visit! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Ni Nikki,

Me too. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Yin,

Tell Michael I sent you. I'm sure he will take great care of you. I believe he's working tomorrow and Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, this looks fabulous! OMG, I can't decide between this or Northern Lights (and I can only get one)... and since this is counter exclusive (I can't even wait until swatches, it's probably going to sell out)... hmmm.... *contemplating*

Cindy's Societal said...

Omg I love the look of this!

Charlestongirl said...

I wish I could help, Mlle.Epatant,

I've only seen the prototype for the Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope, and I haven't seen Northern Lights in person. I suspect the Cherry Blossom prototype will be extremely close to the real thing. Just can't do the "analysis."

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Nemo!

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Northern Lights in person, so who knows? Stay tuned!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Girl's Guide,

I'm sure Cherry Blossom will have as many fans as photographers at the festival. :)

DEN said...

Thanks for the heads up on this upcoming, gorgeous looking K!! I just called Michael and he also said they are making a liquid liner in brown as well (similar in formula to the Artemis liner they had as a GWP awhile back). Yippeeee! I preordered these as well as the lip creme.......BTW, I asked about the pink shade in the eye K and he did say that it was very sheer (as you mentioned) and probably wouldn't be suitable for a blush. Just thought enquiring minds would like to know........

Charlestongirl said...

Tee hee, DEN, I was saving that liner news for another feature. Yes, think Artemis, but in brown!