Friday, February 11, 2011

Dior Addict Lipstick - New and Exclusive to Sephora

It was called Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick. Now it seems to be called Dior Addict Lipstick ($28) - at least on Sephora, where it's "new and exclusive." I can't explain the new part, but I can tell you that Dior has reduced its own stock of High Shine Lipstick to one shade, and Nordstrom has a different set of shades than Sephora offers.

I purchased three from Sephora this week. Inspired by the cutting-edge runway fashions of Dior, this hydrating and volumizing formula dresses the lips with a veil of "addicting color" and spectacular shine. I like all three, selected from the 12 shades Sephora offers. What I love is their sheerness - pretty color without a lot of pigment. I'm a pushover when it comes to sheer lip color! I don't need to use gloss over them - a bonus.

These are the shades I ordered.
  • #564 Model (sheer warm pink)
  • #566 Taffetas (sheer petal pink)
  • #583 Backstage (sheer plum)
The three shades are shown on my arm, in the same order listed above. I took my photo outdoors in full sun, and the sun really makes my arm - and the lipsticks - sparkle. The colors are true, and the shades shimmer in "real life." Aren't they gorgeous? While they are all in the pink family, each offers its own look. Now I want more - even if they aren't new or exclusive!

According to Sephora, these shades are exclusive to Sephora. If you have more information than I do, let us know, please. I didn't have time to call Dior reps to find out the story.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Those are really pretty colors. I must admit, as I get older, sheerer, softer lip colors become the order of the day. It also helps if they are moisturizing and lip nurturing. If I'm going to be swiping something on my lips every hour or two, it might as well be beautiful! As for the relationship between Sephora and Dior, I already commented on it in the Friday Forum, so suffice it to say that Sephora certainly gets a lot of love from Dior.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I second those remarks! I love sheer, soft, shimmering shades on my lips. These are perfect.