Saturday, July 3, 2010

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream - Not Just for Eyes

A couple of weeks ago, I told you how smitten I was with MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream ($22). I had purchased Silver (true silver shimmer) and Taupe (taupe brown shimmer) from Sephora. I was revved by both, so I placed a second order for Gold (yellow gold shimmer) and Warm Beige (champagne shimmer).

They arrived, and I loved them as much as my first two. As an aside, the very slight creasing I noticed when I first started using Aqua Cream disappeared when I switched to a slightly less emollient eye cream.

Feeling the need for more of this long-lasting wonder makeup, I ordered the Golden Copper I had been eying. At the same time, I decided it was time to try a shade I could wear as a blush or on my lips. Peach (#5), a pinky-peach with gold flecks, appeared to be the logical choice for me. Some of the shades looked very bright, and I was ordering from Sephora online.

Peach arrived, and it's beautiful! I took an arm photo in sun to show you how it looks when applied with a brush. I applied it rather heavily to show you the color, and I blended it to show you what it really looks like when applied on fair skin. If you have any pink in your cheeks (or lips), as I do, it will appear pinker than it looks on my arm.

It does have some sparkle to it, but not as much as the sunshine gave it in the photo. I love the Aqua Cream sparkle on my eyes and lips. On my cheeks, its use is limited (for me) to after work. It really adds some zip to banish any fatigue I might feel from my early start and usually full day.

This cream makeup blends like a charm - as long as you blend quickly. No distractions, ladies, because once it sets, it will stay where you put it for a long time. Its long-lasting formula will not crease or smudge in the most extreme heat and humidity. It's said to be waterproof. I believe it!

I hope MAKE UP FOR EVER decides to introduce even more shades of this beautiful cream makeup. I love it!

You can buy it at Sephora, where I purchased mine.

The photos are mine

5 comments:

MarciaF said...

Did you notice if this would settle into pores if you used it as a blush?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marcia!

I don't have any pores for Aqua Cream to settle into - at least not where I put blush. I guess I'm not the best tester for that feature.

I have read on other blogs that it became a second skin to younger gals. I can see why, given its very light texture when blended on the cheeks.

Citrine said...

Hi there, I just wonder have you noticed that this site has stolen quite a few of your blog posts?

http://mysimplebeauty.info/

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Citrine,

Yes, thank you very much, I have, but I am not quite sure what to do about it. They do credit the blog, but they use the whole post. While it's not legal, I don't have a raft of attorneys at my command [wink] to go after every aggregator out there. So, I have ignored it to date.

Any intellectual property attorneys reading? :)

Citrine said...

I don't have a lawyer handy either but I know you can report the site through Google

http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/request.py?contact_type=blogger_dmca_infringment&&hl=en