Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Best Drugstore Beauty: Wet n Wild Solar Heat Collection

Recently, I went to several drugstores looking for new and exciting drugstore beauty products. I found Wet n Wild's limited-edition Solar Heat Collection display at one local CVS. Filled with baked bronzers and eye shadows, the display was immediately appealing. The prices were right to splurge, although a few savvy shoppers had obviously splurged before me. I didn't have the complete set of shadows from which to choose. No matter, I love what I bought!

Wet n Wild's baked formula can be used wet or dry to achieve a full range of color - from light and sheer to concentrated and dramatic. I like to use the shadows and bronzers with a dry brush because I prefer sheer, buildable color. Actually, I can't imagine using the bronzers wet, although I can envision applying the eye shadows with a wet brush.

The COLORICON Baked Eyeshadows ($1.99) have a complexity of color you don't often find in inexpensive makeup. Look at the pretty swirls in these pans! Wouldn't you be tempted too? I did have to photograph them wet to be able to show you the shades. The photos of a dry application were too light.

The green one is Singe, and the taupe one is Fiery. Fiery looks so pretty on my eyelids, I stop to admire my "work" every time I apply it. Thank you, Wet n Wild! This is a taupe that I can wear (no red dye allergy with this one), and it coordinates perfectly on me with a sun-kissed application of bronzer. I need a second Fiery. These little round containers aren't huge, but what do you expect for $1.99? Guess where I'm going tonight.

The COLORICON Baked Powder Bronzers ($3.99) impart a polished matte, but lively finish. Here are Scorch (left) and Sizzle (below right). Scorch has enough pink in it that I can wear it instead of a blusher. Sizzle, brown with ivory swirls, is a beautiful bronzing shade. Because you can apply a sheer wash of color, you can use it on the high points of your face or to contour - even if you have fair skin. I'm just a tad darker than porcelain, and neither of these shades is orange or muddy on me. I think they are quite flattering.

You can find the new Wet n Wild Solar Heat Collection at CVS. I know that you can find Wet n Wild makeup all over the country. If you don't have CVS stores in your area, go to the locator at the Wet n Wild Web site to find a retailer near you.

These are definitely worth the search. That's why I titled this post with my "Best Drugstore Beauty" designation. I love my new goodies!

Top photo courtesy of Wet n Wild
The other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what i love about all of the wet-n-wild eye shadows is that they apply like a dream! i am not that great at blending but even i can make a great look using their shadows!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anna!

These shadows do blend like a dream. I am so impressed with them!

I did go and get a second Fiery. I'll be wearing it for a long time.

Valerie H. said...

Really cool! Wet and Wild--really??? That is amazing!

Charlestongirl said...

I have always liked - and as a result checked out - Wet n Wild's items at the drugstore. I REALLY love the prices.

These new shadows look so pretty. I did see a couple of garish Solar Heat colors that I wouldn't consider wearing. It's interesting to me that those were the first to sell out on the original display.