Friday, April 23, 2010

The Friday Forum - April 23

Every day should be Earth Day. The Earth is in our hands; let's take better care of it! Can you imagine a world without polar bears or dolphins or elephants or lions or Chesapeake Bay blue crabs? I can't. It makes me sad to even think about it. I'm doing the best I can. I hope you are too! Even little things add up to a better world.

This was quite a week at my house. After seriously adverse effects from Synvisc-ONE injections in both knees last Friday, I've been housebound a lot - too much! When I did go out, I paid the consequences later. Fortunately, I'm now on the mend, due to that wonder-drug athletes love so much. :)

I'm ready for The Friday Forum! Most of you know, we "share" information in The Friday Forum. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just use the comments. We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Either way, I always enjoy hearing from you.

As usual, I will share beauty bits with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments, so check for free shipping offers and other treats from beauty companies. I'll be posting the latest ones this evening.

The microphone is yours!

Photo courtesy of www.ec.gc.ca/education

8 comments:

MyPerfumeLife said...

I've just tried a new skin serum by Caudalie. Think it's called Vinoperfect. My skin is already feeling lovely after just a few days. My freckles are subsiding for the first time.

Charlestongirl said...

Wow...that's impressive! I have a sample of that. I better start using it. I have a few spots I'd love to see disappear.

Nice to hear from you!

chloe said...

I grabbed 2 Ginger + Liz nail polishes when Market for Drama had them for sale. Reviews of their polishes were making the rounds on nail blogs and twitter, but... I decided to wait until they were cheaper than $12 a pop, lol. I got Royal Flush, a gorge vampy red cream, and Hold the Drama, a dark purple cream. I love them both! So far I would say they both have great wear (Royal Flush being better) and easy application (Hold the Drama only needed one coat for full opacity).

Now I am looking forward to sending in some old polishes to participate in Zoya's nail polish exchange!

Charlestongirl said...

Laura Mercier is offering free shipping on any purchase from now through Sunday at midnight, plus three free samples too. No code needed.

This week only, b~glowing has a fabulous 20% store-wide discount. Use code 20april through April 30.

Use code MOTHER at La Roche-Posay, and you will get a 20% discount on orders of $60 or more now through April 29.

Don't forget the fabulous Tarte Earth Day offer!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Chloe,

Great info! It's so nice to have first-hand recommendations (no pun intended). Hold the Drama sounds fabulous! I'd like to try that one.

Isn't Zoya's exchange the cat's meow?

Charlestongirl said...

From Kate Somerville...

Free Shipping on any size order big or small! Shop now: http://tiny.cc/ShopToday Free Mini ExfoliKate with... http://fb.me/uH7z3pHt

Free mini ExfoliKate with every purchase!

Charlestongirl said...

Offers keep rolling in with Mother's Day coming up. Here's another nice one.

This weekend only at Antica Farmacista, with every online order receive a complimentary 100ml Lemon, Verbena & Cedar Home Ambiance Diffuser with every online purchase. Enter code mdaf10lvc at checkout to take advantage of this special offer.

Charlestongirl said...

Free shipping through tonight (Sunday) at Shu Uemura! Use code FSHIPPING.