Monday, December 28, 2009

Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection for Estee Lauder

Doesn't Hilary Rhoda look gorgeous? The limited-edition Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection for Estee Lauder arrived at Nordstrom on December 26, giving a lift to the Estee Lauder reps who were suffering from the post-holiday let-down. I bought only two pieces - more on that below - the items that worked for me. There are some brunettes out there who are going to be very tempted by this pretty look.

The collection evokes the Beverly Hills Hotel, the pink palace. The nude, pink, and peach collection speaks volumes about the hotel's 12 acres of lush gardens, exotic flowers, and private walkways. Check out the Best Things in Beauty post from October announcing the collection.

The collection has five lipsticks, five glosses, two eye shadow duos, two eye pencils, a shimmering loose powder, and two nail lacquers, divided into two color families: Rodeo Pink and Bel-Air Beige.

I like the collection! Unfortunately - for me - most of the colors don't work with my fair complexion and blond hair. I know they should, but bubble gum colors leave me looking pale and washed out - or like I'm trying to be a teenager again. There were two items, though, that absolutely had to come home with me.

The Michael Kors Eyeshadow Duo in Night Star ($30) is dramatic. Like night and day, the white shade is a perfect lid base, and the charcoal is a great accent color. Love it!

The Michael Kors Blush ($26) in Sunset Coral isn't nearly as coral as the link to the Estee Lauder site shows. Instead, it's a beautiful, natural peach that warms without adding a lot of pigment. It's beautiful, and it jumped into my bag. The other blush, in Sunset Pink, was too pink for me. If you have any pink in your complexion, check out Sunset Coral. If you don't, you will love the bright Sunset Pink for spring.

The five beautifully transparent Lip Sheens and five Lip Glosses range from nude to vibrant pink. Most of them are just too light for me, giving me a monochromatic, washed-out look. I can see them on others, though, and they will be delicious.

The lovely Michael Kors Shimmering Loose Powder ($32) will fit the bill for anyone who wants a subtle sparkle with a golden pink tint. It's very pretty. I was tempted, very tempted. The lovely rep who helped me had very dark skin, and she plans to use it to enhance her décolleté. She is already stunning and will be even more so with this powder.

The limited-edition items in this collection are going to sell out. Nordstrom got limited quantities, and stocks are low already! If you are interested, shop soon. The colors will be at an Estee Lauder counter near you.

Photos courtesy of Estee Lauder

1 comment:

Joyce said...

A brunette here--will use anything that makes me look that good. Big grin.