Monday, November 9, 2009

Sisley's Facial Mask with Linden Blossom

I love masks, and Sisley has one that's perfect for my sensitive skin. Facial Mask with Linden Blossom ($115) is an exceptionally gentle, creamy mask that will soothe, relax, and cleanse even the most sensitive skins. The mask, left on for 20 minutes, leaves my skin smooth, radiant, toned, and squeaky clean without the squeak! Even though you apply it to clean skin, it seems to lift out any stubborn "impurities" that occasionally make your face look dull.

The ingredients in the mask include a non-drying clay and a complex of essential botanical oils. Linden Blossom, the active ingredient, is an old-time holistic remedy for insomnia, heart disease, stress, headaches, and other ailments. For the skin, Linden Blossom is known for its soothing and draining effect on the skin. It has been used as a facial tonic or added to aqueous creams for hypersensitive skin. It relaxes and refreshes the skin, and I'm sure that's why Sisley made it the prime ingredient in this mask.

Once you rinse off the mask with lukewarm water, you should follow with Floral Toning Lotion if your skin is dry and/or sensitive or Grapefruit Toning Lotion if your skin is combo or oily. Then, if you have used the mask before bed, it's time for your skin care routine. When I follow with Supremya La Nuit, Sisley's newest anti-aging night cream, my skin thanks me. (See the September Best Things in Beauty posting on Supremya.) It's 4:44 am, I did the mask and applied Supremya last night, and my skin looks pretty darn good.

You can purchase Sisley products, including all of their fabulous masks, at Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom.com, and online. While this mask is pricey, it will last a year when used once or twice a week.

Photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the smell of linden blossom, it reminds me of my childhood in europe. but that is one steep price tag for a mask, i hope there will be a day i could spend that much on skincare :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anna,

Sisley is pretty generous with samples. See if your local counter will provide you with one to try! Or check out the mask at Amazon for $84.49.

For a less expensive Linden Blossom treat, try John Masters Organic Linden Blossom Face Cream Cleanser ($22). It's perfect for dry, mature, or sensitive skin.

I love that smell too. How romantic - childhood in Europe smelling Linden Blossoms!

Unknown said...

Thank you Charlestongirl for your thoughtful comment :) Unfortunately, there is no Sisley in my city, or for that matter my state- midwest is wonderful!
I went to Saks this week with my friend and we were pretty disapointed in their selection- our Saks maybe has 5 major beauty brands and Sisley is not one of them. But I will check out the Masters cleanser- it sounds interesting!

Charlestongirl said...

Anna, if you will send me your mailing address at bestthingsinbeauty@gmail.com, I will send you some samples. :)