Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Do You Like Cream Eyeshadows? Dior Has a Hit



I love cream eyeshadows - often rave over them - as long as they stay put and don't crease. Dior's Backstage Eye Show ($31) does just that. In the interests of full disclosure, I do use a primer, but I have tried Backstage Eye Show without, and it still stayed where it belonged. It just looked a bit more transparent.

It is available in six shimmery (not glittery) shades, is waterproof, and lasts all day! And I have 12-hour days.

My favorite is Undressed Beige, shown here, and I wear it to work at least three days/week. It is a soft gold and so in style! If I could have no other cream shadow, this would be my choice. I have stockpiled Undressed Beige in case it ever disappears from the Dior line.

Other colors available are white (a very summery pearl shade), two shades of green, pink, and dark grey (called black) for those needing a dramatic look. Check out Nordstrom, Sephora, and stores where Dior cosmetics are sold; you will find that not all retailers carry all the colors. For example, while Nordstrom offers all six shades, Sephora only offers Undressed Beige and White Light Disco.

I think Undressed Beige works for every skin tone and eye color. It deserves my "genius makeup award," given only to products that do what they say, do it well, and can stand the test of time.

Photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: